5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Fleet Telematics Data
Vehicle telematics data can provide valuable insights into how to make transportation safer and more efficient – but only if fleet managers are able to handle and analyse the new massive streams of data. Here are 5 tips to help you get the most out of your fleet telematics data:
1. Define your goals.
2. Collect and organise your data.
3. Clean and filter your data.
4. Analyse your data.
5. Take action based on your findings.
1. Define your goals. What do you want to learn from your telematics data? Do you want to improve safety, efficiency, or both? Defining your goals upfront will help you determine which metrics to track and what to look for in your data analysis.
2. Collect and organise your data. There are a lot of different telemetry systems out there (obviously Sensium’s fleet telematics option is one of those), so make sure you select the one that best meets your needs and collect all of the data it provides in a centralised location. This will make it much easier to perform analysis later on.
3. Clean and filter your data. Once you have all of your data collected, it’s time to clean it up. Start by removing any outliers or invalid data points that could skew your results. Then, filter the data by criteria such as vehicle type, driver, time of day, etc., so you can focus on specific areas of interest.
4. Analyse your data. Now it’s time to start looking for trends and patterns in your data. This is where those goals you defined in Step 1 come into play – use them as a guide for what to look for in your analysis. If you’re not sure where to start and you are a Sensium customer then simply reach out and we will be able to assist.
5. Take action based on your findings. One of the most important steps in getting insights from data is taking action based on what you’ve learned . After analysing your fleet telemetry data, decide what changes you need to make – whether it’s altering driver behaviour , adjusting maintenance schedules , or something else entirely – and implement those changes as soon as possible .
Vehicle telematics data has the potential to provide valuable insights into how to make transportation safer and more efficient – but only if fleet managers are able to properly handle and analyse the massive streams of data involved. By following these tips , you can ensure that you’re getting the most out of your fleet telematics system and making the most informed decisions possible about how to improve safety and efficiency within your organisation.